How can we help?
How can we help?
Oak Tree Simulations produces business simulation games. Our simulation games have been used to teach business strategy, principles of management and marketing, entrepreneurship, and many other courses for more than 30 years!
Simulate. Learn. Grow!
What is the Micromatic? A Business Strategy Simulation
Request a Micromatic account to get started
View the Micromatic slideshow presentation
Login to Micromatic -> http://oaktreesim.com/Micromatic
Request your free instructor account/manuals.
Register/purchase your Micromatic account
See a Product Demonstration.
Micromatic Business Simulation Video Tutorials.
Already using Micromatic? Login at:
Oak Tree produces Micromatic which is a web-based business simulation game designed for use in both graduate and
undergraduate Strategic Management courses. Micromatic allows students to experience the kinds of issues that are
involved in managing a small manufacturing operation ($2 million to $4 million in annual sales).
The company sells its product in three sales regions, one of which can be either Euro-zone countries in the European Union or China. Players managing
Micromatic must have a coordinated strategy (e.g., marketing, operations, and finance are in sync) to achieve success.
Micromatic has a rich 30+ year history, updated for today's demanding learning environments.
Already have a Micromatic account? Login to Micromatic at: http://oaktreesim.com/Micromatic
Micromatic is sold in conjunction with Cengage Learning. The game can either be bundled with Cengage's most popular
textbooks or purchased as a standalone product.
The Micromatic Business Simulation Game allows students to decide their company mission, goals, policies, and
strategies. Student teams make their decisions on a quarter-by-quarter basis:
determining price, sales and promotion budgets, operations decisions, and financing requirements.
Each decision round requires students to make approximately 100 decisions.
Students can play in teams or play alone; competing against other players or against the computer. You can use Micromatic for practice, tournaments, or for assessment.
As the game administrator, you can change variable costs and the importance of marketing factors that impact market share.
Because of the number and type of decisions the student users must make, Micromatic is classified as a medium to complex business simulation game.
This helps students understand how the functional areas of a business fit
together without being bogged down in needless detail and provides students
with an excellent capstone experience in decision-making.
The product includes:
Micromatic is a great distance learning tool!
- Intuitive interface provides ease of use for both instructor and student
- Play against the computer or other students
- Game Flexibility. One click selection for either introductory or advanced courses.
- Customizability. You can choose for one of the existing game configurations or build one yourself.
- Export results to Excel for analysis by instructors and students
- Graphs of results for analysis by instructors and students
- Adaptive to many learning environments
- Extensive instructor reports and charts
- Easy instructor control and monitoring from anywhere with a web access
- Ability to play across distance, space and time on the web. Potentially, you could form teams across classes, schools, or continents. Game competitors can be potentially anyone, anywhere in the world
- Built-in communications system with e-mail connectivity.
- Robust support features embedded at every stage of the game.